I have an A-2 (which I like ok), an A-2T (which is great, but tank is tiny), and an A-2TM (which I love). These take some practice and experimentation to get right, so don't give up. Here is what I do, I get TONS of vapor with 80/20 pg/vg, great TH, and decent flavor with mine. Not as pronounce flavor as a genisis, but I can certainly tell what I am vaping and taste it.
1. Make sure your air hole lines up perpendicular to the 2 posts, and KNOW which side it lines up on. This is the side you want to place your coil on when securing it to the posts.
2. Make your wick and coil. I use either CE2 wicks, or wick from Bulli-Smoker (though I use it in genisis mode a lot also). I use a wrap around my index for the wick, so there are 3 strands inside of the coil. I use .20 kanthal, and run it over a lighter a few times so it is more pliable, unless it is emergency and not at home. I make 5 wraps, not to loose, not to tight.
3. Place it around screws so that it does not tighten the wick when you tighten the screws. The coil should be on the SAME SIDE as the AIRHOLE when your spike/air chamber is screwed on. Snug up the screw posts for your coil. I usually check my resistance - I am consistently getting 1.6Ω now with these. Once I know this is good, I clip wick ends from either side of coil, and wiggle kanthal to break & remove excess. Then I use my needle/nail to lift coil up slightly so it arcs between the +/- screws. I check resistance again to ensure it hasn't fallen below 1,5Ω
4. Make wick with SS and fiber wick. The SS must be hollow through the spike, if that makes sense? but wick is all the way through SS, and SS is slightly snug in spike so it doesn't move to easy. End of fiber wick is even with base of spike/air chamber.
5. Drip a little on wick. connect spike/air chamber so fiber is splayed around the coil a little. Put cartridge holder on and place tank/cartridge in. Cart has a little air pocket.
6. Vape. I may cover air hole and take some primer pulls with no power to get wicking started. IT should work. If not, I check if coil is getting wet from the spike wick. If not I adjust it slightly, and take some more primer pulls and vape it.
7. enjoy. It is as good as anything I vape, when it is setup right. I have one that is going on week 4 now, and another I just setup tonight. PLease keep trying, because in the end, it really is a great atomizer setup, especially with an eGo or other small take about kit.
Tools: the vaper genisis automatic, Orion(s), GGTS(s)/Z-ATTY-G(s)/ODY, Piccolo-Spheroid/Line(s)/A-2TM, zen "Pyrate",NGP, Provari, SDMKI(s), Precious-L