Bulli a-2t so disappointed

Vaping related!!!

Moderator: eyebrook

Bulli a-2t so disappointed

Postby Cypry » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:38 pm

Received my bulli a-2t today and couldn't wait to set it up, did it exactly how I've seen it done on the utube videos with the wire supplied, 0.15 five wraps, to say I was disappointed is an uderstatement, this thing was so airy no taste and no throat hit. Don't know what ohmes it was at as still waiting on provarie to arrive,but did try it on lava tube at different volts no difference. Tried different wire 0-20 & 0-16 still no different dry hits and not wiking properly, expected more from this as the reviews I've seen have been good. Soooo disappointed. I had to buy the alli version as ss was sold out. :x
Cypry

Re: Bulli a-2t so disappointed

Postby Jollyrogers » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:15 am

I have an A-2 (which I like ok), an A-2T (which is great, but tank is tiny), and an A-2TM (which I love). These take some practice and experimentation to get right, so don't give up. Here is what I do, I get TONS of vapor with 80/20 pg/vg, great TH, and decent flavor with mine. Not as pronounce flavor as a genisis, but I can certainly tell what I am vaping and taste it.

OK:
1. Make sure your air hole lines up perpendicular to the 2 posts, and KNOW which side it lines up on. This is the side you want to place your coil on when securing it to the posts.

2. Make your wick and coil. I use either CE2 wicks, or wick from Bulli-Smoker (though I use it in genisis mode a lot also). I use a wrap around my index for the wick, so there are 3 strands inside of the coil. I use .20 kanthal, and run it over a lighter a few times so it is more pliable, unless it is emergency and not at home. I make 5 wraps, not to loose, not to tight.

3. Place it around screws so that it does not tighten the wick when you tighten the screws. The coil should be on the SAME SIDE as the AIRHOLE when your spike/air chamber is screwed on. Snug up the screw posts for your coil. I usually check my resistance - I am consistently getting 1.6Ω now with these. Once I know this is good, I clip wick ends from either side of coil, and wiggle kanthal to break & remove excess. Then I use my needle/nail to lift coil up slightly so it arcs between the +/- screws. I check resistance again to ensure it hasn't fallen below 1,5Ω

4. Make wick with SS and fiber wick. The SS must be hollow through the spike, if that makes sense? but wick is all the way through SS, and SS is slightly snug in spike so it doesn't move to easy. End of fiber wick is even with base of spike/air chamber.

5. Drip a little on wick. connect spike/air chamber so fiber is splayed around the coil a little. Put cartridge holder on and place tank/cartridge in. Cart has a little air pocket.

6. Vape. I may cover air hole and take some primer pulls with no power to get wicking started. IT should work. If not, I check if coil is getting wet from the spike wick. If not I adjust it slightly, and take some more primer pulls and vape it.

7. enjoy. It is as good as anything I vape, when it is setup right. I have one that is going on week 4 now, and another I just setup tonight. PLease keep trying, because in the end, it really is a great atomizer setup, especially with an eGo or other small take about kit.
Tools: the vaper genisis automatic, Orion(s), GGTS(s)/Z-ATTY-G(s)/ODY, Piccolo-Spheroid/Line(s)/A-2TM, zen "Pyrate",NGP, Provari, SDMKI(s), Precious-L
Jollyrogers
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Cypry » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:51 am

Thanks jollyrogers, i will try the way you do it and see how it goes.
Cypry

Postby Cypry » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:32 pm

Update. Tryed the way you said jolleyrogers and it works fantastic now.
Thank you.
Cypry

Postby Jollyrogers » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Cypry wrote:Update. Tryed the way you said jolleyrogers and it works fantastic now.
Thank you.

I am very happy to hear you made some progress!!! Now enjoy it! You will get better and better at making them, and it will become very consistent at some point. You may find a tweak here or there that makes a difference also, please share it if you do. THe only other tweak I do is use a butane hobby torch on the wicks to ensure it is clean. There is a HUGE thread over @ECF also, but if you got it working satisfactory, may not even be worth reading!
Tools: the vaper genisis automatic, Orion(s), GGTS(s)/Z-ATTY-G(s)/ODY, Piccolo-Spheroid/Line(s)/A-2TM, zen "Pyrate",NGP, Provari, SDMKI(s), Precious-L
Jollyrogers
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to General Vaping Discussion